Whenever you run into locked folder in Windows 10 the system will not let you do anything with it like opening, deleting or moving it unless you have got a password. Locked folders can not be opened but it can be deleted but its not that simple like right click and delete. But one thing should be noted that that deleting such files can wreak havoc on your system so you need to proceed with caution.You can also learn about Adding Clocks from Multiple Zones in Windows 10.
For deleting locked files in Windows 10 you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to locate the folder which you need to delete.
- The you need to download Process Explorer from the Microsoft website and then press OK on the pop-up window.
- Once the Process Explorer is downloaded you need to double click processexp64 for extracting the file.
- Here you need to select Extract All.
- In the next step you need to click Open.
- Now double click the procexp64 application for opening the application.
- Now you need to select Run.
- In the next step you need to read the terms and press the Agree button.
- In the Process Explorer window you need to select File>Show Details for All Processes.
- Let the application to make changes by pressing the Yes button.
- Now go to the Find menu at the top and then select Find Handle or DLL.
- Now you need to type in the file name and the press Search.
- Now you need to right click the process in the bottom of the Process Explorer screen and then select Close Handle.
- Now you need to delete the file as you will do normally.